Electric scooter or electric bike? When you’re about to enter the world of sustainable transport and are confused by which vehicle suits you best, this article may make it much easier for you to choose. Both electric bikes and electric scooters have their advantages and disadvantages.
People living in overcrowded city environments are beginning to look for faster, lighter methods of travel to/from where they’re at. Spending hours, a week, trapped in congestion as the car blurts out smoke, is becoming a hassle for a rising number of individuals, and they are switching to innovative flexible devices like e-bikes and electrical scooters as their preferred option.
If you’ve been thinking of making the move, you may have thought which of the 2 is the better choice. This article takes a look at both of them to help you determine.
E-Bikes (Electrical Bicycles)
One of the benefits of e-bikes is the comfort level. Since an e-bike fits nicely with a bench, you’re likely to be somewhat more relaxed than when you’re on an electric scooter. But on the other hand, today there are a number of electric scooters that can also be fitted with a bench, so comfort is no longer a special benefit for e-bikes.
In spite of the convenience, you will still get a good workout as e-bikes involve the usage of a pedal assistance feature rather than a completely automated device. This implies that the rider will also have to ride an e-bike to make the engine work.
E-bikes are your option if the factors below are essential to you:
- Typically, higher prices, particularly when it comes to particular mountain and road bikes.
- Low to heavy weight (ranging from around 14 to 28kg)
- More complicated systems, which means higher service costs
- They are appropriate almost anywhere, based on the kind. It could be used in villages, long distance paths, uphill and downhill outdoor tracks, etc.
- Significant scale in relation to electric scooters (except bikes with folding design)
- No need to obtain a license
E-Scooters (Electric Scooters)
No matter how awesome e-bikes are, not everyone can ride one. Although a majority of folks begin to ride a bike as a child, there are still a lot of people who have never practiced. A powered scooter is a perfect choice for people, since training to drive an e-scooter is much simpler than practicing to ride a bike as an adult.
That being said, that’s not the only reason for making this particular choice. E-scooters like the Ninebot Max are also compact, lightweight, and easier to handle than e-bikes. So, people who work in offices can conveniently store them under their desks when they work there.
E-scooters are your option if the factors below are essential to you:
- Reasonable price
- Relatively cheap maintenance
- Primarily used in urban environments
- Great mobility and storage capability (you can park it under your desk easily!)
- Unlicensed, hence, easier to implement
- No requirement for a warrant, registration or inspection